Jacksonville Child Support Lawyer
Divorce settlements, in addition to resolving difficult issues such as the division of property and child custody, we also must consider financial support to the custodial parent or former spouse. In most cases, child support will be ordered by the court pursuant to Florida Statutes. Spousal support, on the other hand, may or may not be required at all and there is much more discretion in that type of award.
At the Lasky Law Firm, our Jacksonville child support lawyers help clients throughout northeast Florida and provide experienced, effective legal representation and guidance in both child support and alimony-related concerns. In each of these matters, we take a hands-on, aggressive legal approach with one primary goal in mind:
Securing a sound financial future for you and your family.
Our firm can assist you with:
- Temporary alimony and bridge-the-gap alimony
- Permanent periodic alimony
- Rehabilitative alimony
- Lump sum, non-modifiable alimony
- Spousal support or alimony modification
- Child support beyond the age of majority for adult dependent children
- Child support modification
- Enforcement of support orders
In general, modifications to alimony or child support can only be obtained if special circumstances or life-changes have occurred. An experienced alimony and child support modification attorney from our firm can explain these special circumstances and when possible, help you to obtain the changes that you are seeking.
Protect Your Rights
The Florida child support guidelines create a mathematical formula that is utilized by courts to compute child support awards. While the formula is straightforward, child support cases can be complex. Unique issues that may arise include:
- Calculation of income in cases involving self-employed spouses
- Imputing income to voluntarily unemployed parties
- High child care costs resulting from a child’s illness, disability or physical impairment
- Treatment of seasonal income or bonus pay
- Child support deviations in cases involving special circumstances
Put Our Experience to Work for You
You will be represented by an experienced and knowledgeable family law attorney as a client of our firm. Our attorneys have more than 80 years of combined experience and have represented thousands of clients in divorce and family law matters.
Using our knowledge of Florida’s child support laws, we will perform a guideline child support calculation on your behalf and vigorously protect your rights. You will have a strong advocate as a client of our firm.
Contact Our Experienced Jacksonville Child Support Lawyers Today
To learn more about what we can accomplish for you or to discuss a specific need that you have with an experienced Jacksonville child support lawyer, contact the Lasky Law Firm in Jacksonville, Florida, today.