Jacksonville Uncontested Divorce Lawyer
While many married couples have highly contested divorce proceedings that drag on for years, there are other couples that simply know it is time to move on and wish to end their marriage quickly and efficiently. When you and your spouse agree on all aspects of your divorce, it is called an uncontested divorce. Contact our experienced Jacksonville uncontested divorce lawyers today for more information or assistance.
How Can The Lasky Law Firm Assist You?
- 55+ Years of Combined Experience
- Trial-Tested & Attentive Counsel for All Divorce Cases in Jacksonville
- Practical Solutions & Discounts for Active Duty Military, Retired Military, Spouses & Former Spouses
- Affordable Consultation Rates & Flexible Appointments
However, many uncontested divorces do not last once a closer inspection of the divorce agreement is conducted by a legal professional since there are often overlooked issues that raise conflict.
If you want to have a truly uncontested divorce, it is crucial that you speak with a Jacksonville uncontested divorce lawyer before getting too far ahead. You can save time and expense if it is done properly the first time instead of being rejected by a family law judge on the day of a final hearing.
For knowledgeable and compassionate legal representation, contact The Lasky Law Firm and our Jacksonville divorce lawyers today. We bring more than 80 years of combined legal experience to each case we handle, which number in the thousands.
Benefits of an Uncontested Divorce
If you and your spouse really can have an uncontested divorce in Jacksonville, the possibility is often worth exploring due to its many benefits.
The three main benefits of an uncontested divorce are:
- Time: An uncontested divorce typically concludes much, much faster than a contested divorce; sometimes an uncontested divorce can be finalized in only a month or two. Knowing that your divorce will be over and you can begin the next chapter of your life sooner than later can be a serious relief.
- Money: In many uncontested divorce processes, the court only needs to visited once for a final judge’s approval of your divorce and official signatures from both spouses. The fewer times you see the court, the less court fees you pay. Attorney fees are also generally lesser if a divorce takes less time to conclude.
- Energy: The groundwork idea of an uncontested divorce is cooperation. Approaching your divorce with this in mind can help take stress and further arguments out of the equation. This semblance of peace and togetherness can spare you headaches and energy, and will also greatly benefit any children you might share with your spouse.
Reviewing Your Uncontested Divorce to Protect Your Rights
A Florida family law court might not accept your uncontested divorce agreement unless the documents you file clearly state your intentions and plans. Your paperwork must also be thorough and leave nothing out or up to chance. Have you considered your visitation agreement and how it relates to birthdays, vacations, and holidays? What will happen to your shared retirement accounts – and debts?
Our Jacksonville uncontested divorce lawyers can answer your questions, explain your rights, and help you identify potential legal pitfalls that otherwise would have gone unnoticed. We enjoy sitting down with our clients, getting to know them personally, and drafting a divorce agreement with them to ensure thoroughness. If you have already drafted one with your soon-to-be ex-spouse, we would be happy to put our professional minds to good work and review it back-to-front-to-back.